Whitney Lauren Hicks
Whitney Lauren Hicks
- Civil Litigation
Whitney Hicks has the unique qualities of a fierce civil prosecutor after a near decade of practicing law. Whitney vigorously sought justice for the children of Hays County in the most complex civil mediations, litigation, and jury trials in her capacity as an Assistant District Attorney. Protecting children from abuse, neglect, and family violence as well as offering ongoing training to clients and professionals remains a top priority for Whitney.
As a founding member of the firm, Whitney's calculated and persistent method of moving her cases forward has been refined over the years. She has the rare experience of preparing 17 civil cases for jury trial, sitting of 9 of those to verdict, and first chairing half a dozen. She has hundreds of hours of litigation experience in highly contested bench trials and hearings representing the Department of Family and Protective Services and individuals. She also has experience writing both civil and criminal appeals, representing the state in various forfeiture actions, and providing trainings to law enforcement and child protective services professionals.
Prior to working as an Assistant District Attorney, Whitney worked as an associate at a premier family law firm in Austin, Texas for two years where she gained valuable experience counseling clients, reviewing and preparing discovery, and dealing with complex issues such as business valuations and substance abuse.
Whitney values her career as a civil attorney and balances work with the demands of being a wife and mother. She understands the pressures of being a businesswoman and parent. While Whitney analyzes each unique case independently, she has the life experience to understand each case from the point of view of a parent and a business professional.
- St. Mary's University School of Law, San Antonio, Texas
- Juris Doctorate - 05/2011
- University of Texas
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 05/2008
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Minor: Business Administration
- Semi-finalist in 2010 National Trial Competition
Classes & Seminars
- 2019 Hays County Central Dispute Resolution CPS Mediations – Speaker
- 2018-2019 CASA Guardian Ad Litem Trial Skills and Testimony Training – Speaker
- 2019 Texas County and District Clerk Association Regional Conference – Speaker
- Hays County Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas, Family Law Section
- State Bar of Texas, Child Protection Section
- Texas Young Lawyer’s Association
- Texas Exes
- St. Mary’s Alumni Association
- Young Women’s Alliance